The “Agriturismo” is the result of the restoration of part of the outbuildings of “Propano”, an agricultural estate built in 1525 and located on the outskirts of Saluzzo. Agriturismo Camisassi together with Hotel Antico Podere Propano (www. anticopoderepropano.com) are situated in the original edifices that border and enclose the large square courtyard.
The farm maintains the original agricultural production of hay and grain that served as animal feed. The area, that was used to accommodate the farm machinery, has been converted into a lovely agriturismo and its garden was the site of the Cistercian monks, who were the first owners, vegetable garden (and cemetery).
Saluzzo is one of the finest examples of medieval architecture in Piedmont and preserves the urban characteristics of different eras. It was the capital of a Marquisate, which saw a dynasty with the succession of fourteen Marquises from 1142 able to maintain their own political autonomy from both the Duchy of Savoy and the neighbouring France, until 1601 when with the Treaty of Lyon the Marquisate was annexed by the House of Savoy.
Saluzzo is the centre of a territory that extends from the Monviso mountain, symbol of Piedmont, to the fertile plains including the Po, Varaita and Maira Valleys.
The region, together with the French part, has been recognized by UNESCO as a Biosphere Reserve (MAB) due to the quality and variety of the landscape and natural resources.
Turin, which was the first capital of Italy, is only 50 Km away and offers a rich architectural and historic heritage with various Savoy Residences, the Mole Antonelliana and the Egyptian Museum. The same distance is Alba, the gastronomic capital of Piedmont and the Langa, where the world famous wines such as Barolo and Barbaresco are produced.
The beautiful landscape of the Langhe and Roero area has led to the recognition, as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to six areas of vineyards and the Castle of Grinzane Cavour.

Comments are closed.